Keep reading to see our Editor’s guide to fall essentials.
- Oxford button-up: A classic oxford should be a staple in every man’s wardrobe. Grab a white or light blue one and pair with trousers or chinos to work and a pair of jeans on the weekend.
- Puffer jacket: Get ready for fall and winter weather with the hardest working (and most insulating) piece of outerwear. Plus, it’s packable.
- Henley: Make a long-sleeve henley your layering hero for fall. Wear it under a button-down shirt (like a chambray or flannel one) or pair it with jeans all season long.
- Raw denim: Raw denim is build to last. It gets better with age and you shouldn’t wash it as often as your other blue jeans (but when you do, turn them inside out). Pair these dark jeans with a blazer for work and a crew neck sweatshirt for the weekend.
- Brown belt: Don’t put away your black belt—yet. Instantly bring your look into fall with a warm, brown belt.
- Chukkas: The fall boot that goes with everything in your closet. Chukkas are just dressy enough to wear with suits, but casual enough to wear with your dark denim too.
- Plaid: Plaids should be essential in every man’s wardrobe. If you don’t have one already, grab one in your favorite color—guranteed we’ll have it.
- Crewneck sweatshirt: Another layering piece that’s clutch to your fall wardrobe. Wear it with sweats when you’re watching the game at home or wear it over your button-down shirt and chinos for an office-appropriate outfit.
- Chino: The workwear pant that can always be worn outside the office. Dress it down with a T-shirt, denim jacket and sneakers.
- Blazer: One of the most important pieces in your wardrobe, a perfectly tailor black or navy blazer will dress up every fall outfit in one go.
Now tell your Stylist which fall staples your closet needs.